May 23 & 24, 2017
Radisson Blu Hotel Amsterdam Airport Schiphol
“How clean is clean?” is more challenging to answer as conductors and circuit traces are increasingly narrower. What is acceptably clean for one segment of the industry may be unacceptable in more demanding segments. You are invited to submit an abstract or workshop proposal on new developments in the following categories:
- Testing PCBs, components and assemblies for cleaning computability
- International specifications and reference books
- Ionic testing & non-ionic testing
- Tin Whiskers
- Surface insulation measurement
- Ion Chromatography (IC) test techniques
- Shop floor test methods for machine performance
- Coating inspection and thickness measurement
- Coating compatibility testing of no clean
- Equipment comparisons in cleaning, coating and contamination testing
- Testing frequency during PCB fabrication & assembly
- Cleanliness failure types
- Coating methods and differences
- Coating or Potting
- To coat or not to coat?
- How clean is clean enough?
- Does solder resist material affect coated properties?
Submission Guidelines for Abstracts
Abstracts are solicited to describe original and unpublished work. The abstract should be at least 300 words and must clearly state purpose, results and conclusions. Technical conference agenda presentations will be limited to 30-40 minutes, including five minutes for questions.
Technical Extended Abstracts and Presentations
Acceptance and presentation of your work is with the understanding that an extended abstract for the Symposium Proceedings and a PPT presentation are required. Final extended abstracts (3-4 pages, including tables, graphs, images) are due Monday, February 13, 2017. Presentations must be original, unpublished, and non-commercial in nature.
A registration fee is associated with the conference and all speakers and session chairs are required to register. Speakers and chairs are eligible for a reduced price and SMTA/SMART Group members save even more!
IMPORTANT DUE DATES
January 20, 2017 – Submission of abstract
January 20, 2017 – Notification of acceptance
February 13, 2017 – Submission of extended abstract
April 17, 2017 – Submission of completed PPT presentation
SMTA – 6600 City West Parkway, Suite 300 Eden Prairie, MN 55344 – Phone +1 (952) 920-7682
SMART Group – c/o 77 Mill Road, Husborne Crawley, Bedford, MK43 0XF, UK – Phone +44 (0) 208-4322741